Kara Leonardo has been a wonderful fan and friend to many of us in the lesbian publishing industry. She’s come upon some horrific hard times and needs our help. I’ll let Roselle Graskey tell you what the deal is:
On February 11, 2012, Kara and her partner, Stephanie Marvel, were involved in a motor vehicle accident. Stephanie was driving and their car was hit head-on by another driver. Stephanie was killed on impact and Kara sustained a fractured arm, multiple fractures of her leg and pelvis along with internal injuries. Kara was in and out of the ICU a few times before landing in a regular room and ultimately transferring to a rehabilitation facility at the end of March. She is learning to walk again with the use of a walker and will soon be ready for discharge from rehab. This is where her situation becomes even more difficult… Kara relocated from Illinois to Delaware to be with Stephanie… When she is discharged from rehab, she will have no place to go.
An auction has been set up – Caring For Kara – with some great books by some great authors. Please check out the list of offerings and bid what you can! Here are the things I’m offering:
* Personally signed, printed and bound manuscript, Broken Trails – the updated and edited version that has yet to be released by PD Publishing.
* #1 – Personally signed copies of all three Sanguire books that are coming out this year (#3 is out in October – so the winner will have to be patient.)
* #2 – Personally signed copies of all three Sanguire books that are coming out this year (not a duplicate, same as above.)
* #3 – Personally signed copies of all three Sanguire books that are coming out this year (not a duplicate, same as above.)
* A character in the next book I write – Sanguire 4- winner gets to name and describe the character, and discuss with the author where the character will fit into the novel.
Bid high! Bid often! And if you want to donate money, email Roselle and Sharon!